There are numerous benefits of mustard oil that you might not know. Mustard oil is one of the most common oil found on Indian shelves. It has been used since ancient times by the Greeks, Romans, and Indians. In Ayurveda, it is described as both food and medicine. this is often used in northern India and Pakistan as a lighting fuel for earthen lamps on festive occasions such as Diwali or weddings.now make natural mustard oil at home
Mustard oil can be applied externally to the skin to treat bacterial and fungal infections. the vitamin E within is soothing to the skin and is, therefore, often used in massages. Although it has many benefits mustards oil must be used with caution and the proper instruction. Not everyone can bear mustard oil for massage it is recommended to add some coconut oil with it. Mustard oil is banned in the EU, USA, and Canada for edible consumption due to its erucic acid content.in Ayurveda, its shown consumption of mustard oil and coconut oil is good for health. now make natural coconut oil at home
Benefits of mustard oil for hair
Mustard oil is very for hair as it can vitalize your hair follicles and can help with pigmentation problems and help maintain dark natural hair for long time. It contains omega-3 fatty acids which nourish your hair and also promote hair growth. It has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which helps with hair loss caused due to infections. It is important that you check the contents of the oil, it has to be natural or cold pressed. Just putting little mustard oil mixed with a little coconut oil directly to your scalp every alternate day can give you long back and thick hair
Accurate ways to use Mustard oil
Now, that you guys are informed about the benefits of mustard oil, it is suggested that you also learn the right way to apply the mustard oil to get maximum benefits of mustard oil.
- Pre-Oiling before Shampoo
- If your hair turns very brittle just after shampooing, then you can use about a tablespoon of mustard oil and massage your scalp for about five minutes before shampooing. This will ensure you that your hair does not become excessively dry.
- Apply for a couple of hours before Shampoo
- Take some warm mustard oil & apply or massage your hair thoroughly with it. Once you are done applying or coating your roots and the hair with the oil, take an unused towel, soak it in warm water, and wrap it around your hair. Leave for about an hour or two hours. This will ensure you that the roots open up & the oil nourishment reaches deep into the roots.
- Overnight oil
- Mustard oil generates a lot of heat when you massage it, making it an amazing pain reliever. So, if you have a tendency to catch a cold very fast, then the mustard oil is a safe choice for you. You could heat the oil and massage it well into your hair. You can cover with a shower cap or put a towel on your pillow to prevent staining from the oil. Just leave it overnight and shampoo the next morning. Your hair will become stronger and shinier with repeated use.
Benefits of mustard oil for massage
Mustard oil can penetrate deep inside your skin. Mustard oil generates lot of heat that can prove good if you have cold. Although it’s good for massage not everyone can bear mustard oil, for massage it is recommended to add some coconut oil with it. It can also be used to treat backpain and muscle ache. Mustard oil also be used for face massage to deal with problem like skin tanning, dark spots and skin pigmentation. Mustard oil is very good for baby massage as it helps baby to have healthy skin. Mustard oil can also help with joint pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. It helps with skin problem like rashes, because of its anti-fungal properties. Massage with hot mustard oil can improve the blood circulation.
Benefits of mustard oil for skin
There are numerous ways in which mustard oil can be very beneficial for skin as well. along with vitamins, proteins and fatty acids, it has omega-3 and omega-6 along with monounsaturated fats(MUFA) and polyunsaturated fats(PUFA), which are considered good fats because they do not get deposited on arterial walls.
- Mustard oil can act as a moisturizer, and it is beneficial especially in winters. Massaging with mustard oil will reduce wrinkles and sagginess and tightens up the skin.
- The Vitamin E present in the mustard oil will help in the reduction of wrinkles and signs of skin aging when it is used on a regular basis. If it is used regularly it lightens up the skin tone.
- As mustard oil has high levels of both Vitamin C and Vitamin E along with its dense consistency makes it a shield to protect your skin against harmful UV rays of the sun and also other impurities and toxins thereby avoiding any skin infections.
- It also has rich amounts of Vitamin A, Vitamin E and B complex which makes it a good anti-aging factor and makes your skin healthy.
- It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, which helps in getting rid of any irritation and itching and allergies. It also helps with dry skin, and avoid any skin infections.
- When mixed with gram flour, curd and lemon, it can be used as face pack. It will reduce tan, spots and marks and glows up the face, let it dry for 10-15 mins and wash with water
- Massaging your skin with mustard oil every day, just for 15 minutes will help with complexion. The difference can be seen within a week, the skin becomes more lighter and supple.